Quesadilla is one of the most famous dishes of Mexican Cuisine. Generally, while making quesadilla two tortillas are used as a base and a stuffing is made of veggies or meat to stuff in between the tortillas. You can use any kind of tortilla like made up of corn or all-purpose flour. I have used tortillas made up of all-purpose flour.
Quesadilla is that kind of dish which you can have for lunch, dinner or snack. For the stuffing, I have used spinach with some garlic and cheese. You can use any kind of vegetables that you like or you can also use any kind of shredded meat of your choice. Let’s begin with the recipe.
- 6-7 bunch of chopped spinach leaves.
- 7-8 cloves of garlic.
- A tsp of chili flakes.
- A tsp of oregano.
- A box of cheese spread.
- 4-5 Cubes of processed cheese.
- A tbsp of oil.
- Salt to taste.
How to Cook?
- Take the 6-7 bunch of spinach leaves and roughly chop it. You can also use a blender for more fine consistency. Make sure that do not blend the spinach much as it will turn into a paste.
- Now take a non-stick pan and heat a tbsp of refined oil. While the oil is heating up, roughly chop the garlic and add to the oil.
- Saute the garlic for a minute. Do not overcook the garlic as it will loose its flavor.
- After the garlic is done, add the spinach leaves, chili flakes, oregano and salt and give it a nice stir.
- Cook the spinach till it gets reduced to half and all the water present in it gets absorbed.
- Cool it down till it comes to the room temperature.
- Now for the Quesadilla, Take a tortilla sheet and evenly spread 1-2 tbsp of cheese spread.
- After the cheese spread , take 2 tbsp of the garlic and spinach stuffing and evenly spread it. Now, grate the processed cheese cube evenly all over the stuffing.
- Now cover it with the another tortilla sheet and press it nicely.
- Heat a pan and toast or grill it nicely from both the sides. You can also microwave or bake it according to your preference.
- Cut the Quesadilla into four slices and serve it hot.
Chessy Spinach Quesadilla is ready to serve. If you are unable to find the tortilla sheets you can also make it with a chapati or paratha or you can also buy it from amazon, link is given above.
For more such recipes, click on the link given below and follow me on all my social media.
- Tacos with corn
- Papite ka Kofta
- Dal Palak
- Corn Stuffed Bread Pakora
- Makhane ki Kheer
- Spaghetti Arrabiata