As corn trends in the monsoons, so here it is the corn stuffed bread pakoras. Unique, delicious and easy to make these bread pakoras are the perfect snack to enjoy in the rains with a cup of tea.
- 1 cup of corn kernels/frozen sweetcorn
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 cup of gramflour/besan
- 4-5 bread slices
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- chopped coriander
- half an inch of grated ginger
- 2 tsp of chat masala
- 1 tsp of garam masala/all spice powder
- mixed dried herbs
- salt to taste
How to Cook?
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the pakoras.
- Make a coarse paste of the corn kernels to get the crunch and bite of it. Now, take a bowl and add the paste of corn kernels, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander, grated ginger, garam masala an the chat masala and salt to taste.
- Mix all of it together and stuff it between two slices of bread like a sandwich.
- Cut it into traingles and keep it aside.
- Take another bowl, add the gramflour/besan, salt, a tsp of mixed dried herbs and water to make a batter of medium consistency.
- Coat the bread slices with the batter and deep fry until medium brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Enjoy this rainy season with these delicious pakoras. Ta-da!