Everyone is bored of having the same regular ‘dal’ everyday. Dal Palak gives a new and refreshing taste as well as is a much healthier option. It also is a very nice trick to feed kids with the greens as it provides them with all the necessary nutrients and helps keep them healthy. Palak/Spinach is also a rich source of Potassium, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- 4-5 bunch of spinach leaves, chopped.
- 1 cup of cooked Arhar ki Dal.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped.
- 1 medium sized tomato, chopped.
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies.
- 4-5 garlic cloves.
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp of cumin/jeera.
- 1 tsp of asafoetida/heeng.
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- salt to taste.
How to Cook?
- Take a cup of arhar ki dal, wash it nicely and pressure cook it till three whistles and let it cool down.
- Roughly chop the spinach leaes and wash them thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Now, chop the onions, tomatoes, green chilies and crush the garlic in a mortar pestle.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai and add cumin. As cumin starts to crackle, add asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- After the green chilies are slightly fried, add chopped onions. Saute the onions till golden brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and tomatoes and chopped spinach and cook it covered for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- When the tomatoes are cooked nicely, add turmeric powder, coriander powder and cook it till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add cooked dal and bring it to boil
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve this dal palak with steamed rice or rotis which is a great combination. Enjoy this tasty and nutritious dal palak recipe with your friends and family and impress them with your cooking. Instead of arher ki dal, you can also use moong dal or chane ki dal or mixture of all the dals. You can also add some peanuts whille boling the dal as it will give a nice crunch to the dal.
Don’t like dal still, and want something fried and tasty then try our Corn Stuffed Bread Pakoras, you will definitely like it.
Oh! Looking for some desserts after you’ve had your dal, don’t go anywhere, we’ve got you covered, try our Makhane ki Kheer and quench your sweet-thirst, Who doesn’t like kheer after all?
Comment down below if you liked the recipe or if you have any suggestions. And keep coming back every week for more fun and exciting recipes to follow along.