Hey! Everyone, Hope you all are doing well. Today, the recipe which I will be sharing is the classic main course dish of every Indian restaurant. It also helps to maintain the balance between the spicy and hot curries as it is creamy sweet, nutty and also very rich in flavors. If you haven’t guessed it yet, its my personal favorite Methi Matar Malai.
Of course, you all have had it several times at restaurants, weddings as you know it is one of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine and some of you might think that it must be a hard and difficult process to make it at home but you are absolutely wrong. Actually, it is one of the most simplest and quick recipe to make. So, without any much of blabbering lets start with the recipe.
- A bunch of fenugreek leaves/ methi.
- 2 cups of blanched peas/matar.
- 2 cups of homemade cream/packaged cream.
- 2 medium sized onions.
- 7-8 cloves of garlic.
- An inch of ginger.
- 15-20 cashew nuts.
- A tsp of cumin seeds.
- 2 green chilies.
- A pinch of sugar.
- 3 tbsps of oil.
- Salt to taste.
How to Cook?
- First blanch the peas for at least 5 mins in a boiling water and strain it out.
- Now to make the masala, take onions, cashews, cumin/jeera, garlic, ginger, green chilies with a tbsp of water and blend it to a smooth paste.
- After that it’s time to roast or bhuno the masala and for that in a non stick kadhai or pan take 3 tbsps of oil and after it gets heated, add the paste and bhuno it till the oil gets separated from it.
- Now add the methi leaves, keep in mind that you do not have to add a lot of methi leaves as it will get bitter if you add too much.
- After 2 mins, add half a cup of water and mix it nicely. Then add the blanched peas/matar, salt to taste and a pinch of sugar. Let it cook for 2 mins.
- Then add 2 cups of cream, mix all of it together and keep it on a high flame. Keep stirring it and after a quick boil which will take 2 mins, turn off the gas. Remember not too over cook the cream otherwise your methi matar malai will turn into a ghee matar malai ;D , Sorry, I know bad joke 🙂 . BTW the recipe is over.
- Simple right, not too much effort as you might be thinking.
So, that was the classic recipe of Methi Matar Malai, I hope you all will like it and let me know how it turned out.
Here are my social media link do follow me there I post some cool photos related to food.