Bored of making same old school desserts every year in rakshabandhan? Try this not so traditional yet healthy makhane ki kheer and surprise your siblings. Makhanas are trending nowadays due to its nutritional value and low calories since everyone is becoming health conscious and saying no to desserts. Makhane ki kheer can be a great low calorie and flavorful dessert.
- A litre of milk
- A bowl of makhanas/fox nut
- 4-5 tbsps of sugar
- 3-4 cardamom pods (powdered)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of chironji nuts
How to Cook?
- Boil milk in a thick bottom pan till it reduces to 3/4 th.
- Take 2-3 tsps of ghee in another pan and roast the makhanas or you can dry roast it according to your taste.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, chironji nuts and bring it to a boil.
- Add the roasted makhanas and cook for 10-15 mins on a low flame
- Keep stirring the kheer to avoid burning or sticking
- After the kheer comes to room temperature, refrigerate it for 2-3 hours and serve chilled.
I am sure that your brothers and sisters will like this different and healthy makhane ki kheer and a new flavor to the taste buds. Try this quick, unique and delightful dessert this rakshabandhan and let me know in the comment box below.