Italian cuisine is one of my favourite cuisine after Indian cuisine and mostly I love having pasta of different kinds tossed with variety of sauces. Personally I am in love with pasta with bechamel sauce but today I made spaghetti with arrabiata sauce which is a very easy recipe compared to other pasta recipes.
Arrabiata sauce is a spicy sauce made with just three ingedients – tomatoes, garlic and chillies. It is very simple and quick to make and is perfect for indian taste buds. Instead of spaghetti, you can use any kind of pasta of your choice like penne, macaroni, shells or farfalle. So, let’s start the recipe.
- 250 grams of spaghetti.
- 6 tomatoes.
- 5-6 garlic cloves.
- 1 tbsp of red chilli flakes.
- 1 tbsp of dry mixed herbs.
- 2 tbsp of refined oil/olive oil.
- salt to taste.
How to Cook?
- Take sufficient amount of water in a deep vessel and bring it to boil.
- After the water starts boiling, add 1 tbsp of refined oil and 2 tbsp of salt and put the spaghetti straight into the vessel.
- As the spaghetti will start to cook, it will slowly start getting lower into the vessel.
- Boil the spaghetti for 8-9 minutes as mentioned in the packet. Don’t overcook it as it will tend to break if overcooked.
- Drain the spaghetti on to the colander and add 1tsp of oil and mix it well to prevent sticking.
- For the sauce, take the tomatoes and blend it in a blender, now take a non stick pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- Chop the garlic cloves and add it to the oil, saute the garlic for a minute, do not burn it.
- After the garlic gets a light brown color, add the tomato paste, salt, red chilli flakes and dry mixed herbs.
- Cook the tomato paste for good 8 to 10 minutes till the oil separates from the sauce.
- Turn off the gas and add the sauce in to the boiled spaghetti.
- Mix it really well till the spaghetti gets coated with the sauce.
- Remember that don’t go over board with the sauce, it should not be runny in the spaghetti. The quantity of the sauce should be only that it gets coated nicely to the spaghetti.
- Serve it hot and grate some parmesan cheese for garnishing.
This was my take on spaghetti arrabiata. You can customize this sauce according to your taste. For more such recipes, click on the link given below and follow me on all my social media.