Taco is a mexican delight which has a crunchy taco shell and saucy and juicy filling inside. Taco is one of the best evening snack or brunch one can have as it satisfies your cravings and does not overfill your stomach. Generally, taco shells are easily available in the super markets but if you cannot find it in your city you can also order it online. Another way of making taco is that you can also use a roti or papad if you are unable to find the taco shells.
Now coming to the filling or stuffing of taco, there is no rule or a proper recipe that you have to follow. If you are a vegetarian you can use any of the vegetables of your choice or you can also use paneer and soya granules and can mix and match with all the different kind of toppings. Non vegetarians can use any meat of their choice combined with barbecue sauce which will taste like super delicious.
Today, I have used veggies like french beans, carrots and onions mixed with corn and mayonnaise. Instead of using mayonnaise, you can use any other sauce like pesto, tomato, schezwan. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
- Taco shells.You can buy them from Amazon down below.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- 10-12 finely chopped french beans.
- 1 medium sized finely chopped carrot.
- 2 medium sized finely chopped onions.
- 1 cup of boiled sweet corn.
- 2 medium sized finely chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp of red chilli sauce.
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Handful of chopped coriander for garnish.
- Salt to taste.
How to Cook?
- Take the taco shells and toast it in an oven or in a pan for a minute. If using an oven, follow the directions given on the box of taco shell.
- Remember that toast it one by one and always use the mould given with the taco shells so that the shape of the taco remains as it is.
- Now for the filling, boil the sweet corn first. You can use frozen or fresh corns as per your convenience, I have used fresh sweet corns.
- Take french beans, carrots and onions and finely chop it with the help of food processor or by youself. Drain out the excess juice of it.
- In a pan heat little bit of oil just 1 tsp and add crushed garlic, after sauteing it for a minute, add all the veggies into it and stir fry it for 3-4 mins on high flame.
- Put all the veggies and corn in a bowl and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- After the veggies are cool down, add mayonnaise, red chilli sauce, salt and give it a good mix.
- Now take your toasted taco shell and fill it with the stuffing and garnish it with chopped coriander.
- Serve it immediately to avoid the sogging of the taco shells.
So, this was my take on taco, make it your own customized taco as you like and enjoy with your friends and family. Checkout my other recipes here. Follow me on all my social media given below.