Chausela : A Chhattisgarhi Delicacy: Chawal Ki Poori
Published on : 31 January 2018
Chhattisgarh is known as ‘bowl of rice’ and the cuisine of this state justifies the title completely. Right from starters to the desserts you name it and we have a rice dish. So, today I will be sharing another rice recipe which is one of the most popular dishes of Chhattisgarh, which you can have in lunch, breakfast, dinner you know right it’s like comfort food of ours. So, without creating much more suspense, the name of this dish is *drumroll* CHAUSELA.
Let me give you a quick introduction about this dish. It is basically chawal ki poori or rice poori which is often served with tomato chutney and this combination is like epic. You all must try this as it is super simple and quick to make and that simplicity makes it more flavourful and comforting food, So, let’s start with the recipe.
- A bowl of rice flour
- 3/4th cup of wheat flour
- A tsp of cumin seeds
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
How to Cook?
- Combine the rice and wheat flour in a vessel to make a dough. Here, I am using wheat flour to bind the dough as rice flour tends to break.
- Add cumin seeds for that nice crunch and flavor and also add salt according to your preference.
- Add water little by little to form a little hard dough of it.
- And the dough is done. Very easy right nothing fancy.
- Now the next step is to take a small portion from the dough and make a small circle with very light hands with the help of the belan/roller pin.
- Then, when the oil is hot enough deep fry the pooris till it gets all fluffy and light brown in color.
- And it’s ready to serve. Serve it hot with tomato chutney for the tastiest experience. I will share the recipe of tomato chutney in my next blog. For that stay tuned.
Also don’t forget to follow me on all my social media. Here’s the link